'Irresponsible' for China to cut relations - Blinken - Breaking The News
Download our appPlay StoreApp Store

'Irresponsible' for China to cut relations - Blinken

EPA-EFE/KITH SEREY

United States Secretary of State Antony Blinken called China "irresponsible" on Saturday for cutting communication channels between Beijing and Washington over the Taiwan visit by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi earlier this week.

"We should not hold hostage cooperation on matters of global concern because of differences between our two countries," Blinken told reporters as China continued its military exercises around Taiwan that are set to end on Sunday.

Yesterday, China's Foreign Ministry announced a set of eight new measures against the US as a response to Pelosi's visit to Taiwan.

Related News
Trump: Open to tariff talks in case of good offers
United States President Donald Trump said on Thursday that he is open to negotiating his tariff policy if any other country comes up with a "phenomenal" counterproposal while reaffirming that the duties' effect on the markets was "expected."Speaking to the press onboard Air Force One, Trump said he would consider lifting some of the measures against China if it agreed to the sale of ByteDance Ltd.'s TikTok. He added that a deal on TikTok's ownership in the US...
China vows 'resolute countermeasures' to US tariffs
China's Commerce Ministry called on the United States to "immediately revoke these unilateral tariff measures and to resolve trade disputes properly through equal dialogue with its partners."The ministry said that Beijing plans to take "resolute countermeasures" against US President Donald Trump's sweeping tariffs in order to "safeguard its rights and interests." US tariffs "endanger global economic development," the ministry warned, adding that "there...
Trump ends de minimis exemption for China
United States President Donald Trump signed a second executive order alongside the one that rolled out global tariffs on Wednesday, closing a trade loophole used to ship low-value packages duty-free from China to individuals in the US. The White House said in a fact sheet that China will be the only country that loses the so-called "de minimis loophole," which allows for packages worth less than $800 to be sent directly to US customers without incurring...
WH: Total US tariffs on Chinese goods will be 54%
The White House confirmed to CNBC that the newly announced 34% tariff on Chinese imports will come on top of the already existing 20% tariffs, meaning that the true tariff rate on Chinese goods coming into the US will be 54%.While unveiling his long-awaited "Liberation Day" trade policy, during which he announced the 34% tariff aimed against Beijing, United States President Donald Trump said that he has "great respect" for China and its leader, Xi Jinping....

Please observe our Terms of Use. The price information is time delayed to varying extents, but as a rule by 15 minutes or more, according to the regulations of the selected stock exchange and/or licensors and the type of securities.

© 2025 TeleTrader Software GmbH. All rights reserved

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Our Terms of Use and Data Protection Policy explain the data we collect, why we collect them, and how we may share them.