Al Jazeera condemns Israel's ban, to take legal action - Breaking The News
Download our appPlay StoreApp Store

Al Jazeera condemns Israel's ban, to take legal action

EPA/PETER FOLEY

The Al Jazeera Media Network denounced on Sunday Israel's decision to close its offices in the country as well as "withdraw crew accreditations."

The media house said in a statement that Israel's move is a "criminal act that violates human rights and the basic right to access of information." "Israel’s direct targeting and killing of journalists, arrests, intimidation and threats will not deter Al Jazeera from its commitment to cover, whilst more than 140 Palestinian journalists have been killed since the beginning of the war on Gaza," it further mentioned.

Al Jazeera underlined that it will be utilizing all legal channels available through international legal institutions, as it looks to protect its rights and staff. Meanwhile, the Foreign Press Association said that the move should be seen as "a cause for concern for all supporters of a free press."

Related News
Witkoff expected to visit Middle East for ceasefire talks
United States Special Envoy to the Middle East Steve Witkoff is expected to travel to the region next week for new talks on a Gaza ceasefire, Axios' correspondent Barak Ravid reported on Friday, citing a US official.According to the report, Witkoff is set to meet Israeli Minister of Strategic Affairs Ron Dermer in Abu Dhabi and could later head to Qatar or Egypt for talks with mediators in case there are "developments" in the negotiations on the Gaza deal....
US: 280,000 displaced from Gaza since March 18
The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) reported on Friday that around 280,000 Palestinians have been forcibly displaced since Israel resumed military operations in Gaza on March 18."Increasing numbers of people are moving into the remaining shelters which are already overcrowded," OCHA stated. "Infestations of fleas and mites are reported, causing skin rashes and other health issues."The organization also published a...
Israel kills senior Hamas leader in Lebanon airstrike
The Israel Defense Forces confirmed on Friday that it had killed Hassan Farhat, a senior Hamas commander, in an overnight airstrike on the southern Lebanese city of Sidon. Farhat was identified as the head of Hamas operations in Lebanon's western sector. According to the IDF, Farhat had orchestrated attacks targeting Israeli civilians and troops, including a deadly February 2024 rocket strike on the IDF's Northern Command base in Safed that killed Staff...
Lebanon: Israel blatantly violating ceasefire
Lebanese Prime Minister Nawaf Salam said on Friday that Israel's attacks on Lebanon represent a "blatant assault on Lebanese sovereignty" and a violation of the ceasefire with Hezbollah concluded late last year. Israel resumed strikes in southern Lebanon but also the capital Beirut last month, claiming it is targeting Hezbollah operatives.Salam urged the international community to exert "maximum pressure" on Israel to stop its attacks, particularly in...

Please observe our Terms of Use. The price information is time delayed to varying extents, but as a rule by 15 minutes or more, according to the regulations of the selected stock exchange and/or licensors and the type of securities.

© 2025 TeleTrader Software GmbH. All rights reserved

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Our Terms of Use and Data Protection Policy explain the data we collect, why we collect them, and how we may share them.