Belarusian Ministry of Defense on Tuesday denied accusations by its Polish counterparts, who claimed that Belarusian helicopters violated Polish airspace earlier in the day. Warsaw came up with the accusations to justify the build-up of forces near the Polish border with Belarus, the ministry in Minsk said in a statement.
Poland said it will raise the number of troops at the border and deploy combat helicopters to the region after notifying fellow NATO members about the alleged incident involving Belarusian helicopters. The Polish Defense Ministry first admitted that its radar systems did not record any violation of Polish airspace as the incident allegedly happened at a very low altitude. It also confirmed that Minsk had notified Warsaw earlier about helicopter training drills near the border.
Belarus accused Poland that it changed its assessment of the situation after consultations with its "overseas masters."