China 'strongly condemns' US arms sale to Taiwan - Breaking The News
Download our appPlay StoreApp Store

China 'strongly condemns' US arms sale to Taiwan

EPA-EFE/ROMAN PILIPEY

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said at a regular media briefing on Thursday that Beijing "firmly opposes and strongly condemns" the continuous United States defensive weapons sale to Taiwan.

Lijian underlined that such actions by Washington "seriously undermine China's sovereignty and security interests, and seriously subvert China-US relations and peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait."

On Thursday last week, Chinese Ministry of Commerce spokesman Gao Feng noted that Beijing ''firmly opposes'' United States-Taiwan Initiative on 21st-Century Trade aimed to strengthen the countries' economic and trade relations.

Related News
Trump: Open to tariff talks in case of good offers
United States President Donald Trump said on Thursday that he is open to negotiating his tariff policy if any other country comes up with a "phenomenal" counterproposal while reaffirming that the duties' effect on the markets was "expected."Speaking to the press onboard Air Force One, Trump said he would consider lifting some of the measures against China if it agreed to the sale of ByteDance Ltd.'s TikTok. He added that a deal on TikTok's ownership in the US...
Taiwan slams US 'unreasonable' 32% levies
The Taiwanese administration condemned US President Donald Trump's latest 32% duty increase as "strongly unreasonable," announcing plans to file an official complaint with US authorities.Taipei argues that the measure distorts the bilateral trade relationship, lacks a clear scientific basis, misinterprets trade imbalances, and wrongly associates Taiwan with "currency manipulation."Trump announced sweeping "reciprocal tariffs" targeting US trade partners to...
China vows 'resolute countermeasures' to US tariffs
China's Commerce Ministry called on the United States to "immediately revoke these unilateral tariff measures and to resolve trade disputes properly through equal dialogue with its partners."The ministry said that Beijing plans to take "resolute countermeasures" against US President Donald Trump's sweeping tariffs in order to "safeguard its rights and interests." US tariffs "endanger global economic development," the ministry warned, adding that "there...
Trump ends de minimis exemption for China
United States President Donald Trump signed a second executive order alongside the one that rolled out global tariffs on Wednesday, closing a trade loophole used to ship low-value packages duty-free from China to individuals in the US. The White House said in a fact sheet that China will be the only country that loses the so-called "de minimis loophole," which allows for packages worth less than $800 to be sent directly to US customers without incurring...

Please observe our Terms of Use. The price information is time delayed to varying extents, but as a rule by 15 minutes or more, according to the regulations of the selected stock exchange and/or licensors and the type of securities.

© 2025 TeleTrader Software GmbH. All rights reserved

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Our Terms of Use and Data Protection Policy explain the data we collect, why we collect them, and how we may share them.