De Cos: ECB's next move will be a rate cut - Breaking The News
Download our appPlay StoreApp Store

De Cos: ECB's next move will be a rate cut

EPA-EFE/J.J. GUILLEN

European Central Bank (ECB) Governing Council member Pablo Hernandez de Cos said on Tuesday that the bank is "confident" inflation is coming back to target. The ECB is scheduled to publish its new inflation and growth projections in March, and its latest consumer survey showed inflation expectations for the next 12 months fell from 3.5% to 3.2%.

De Cos said it is "very important for European citizens to know that we are confident the next move will be a cut." However, he did not commit to a particular timeline. Previously, ECB Vice-President Luis de Guindos said inflation in the Eurozone in 2024 could be slightly lower than projected, noting recent "positive surprises" on that front.

Related News
ECB: High uncertainty due to tariffs, defense spending
The European Central Bank's latest meeting accounts revealed on Thursday that policymakers are no longer certain monetary policy remains sufficiently restrictive. The uncertainty is compounded by external pressures, with particular concern over the inflationary fallout from escalating United States tariffs and potential retaliation measures."The combination of US tariffs and retaliation measures could also pose upside risks to inflation, especially in the near...
ECB's De Guindos: We must be extremely prudent
European Central Bank (ECB) Vice-President Luis de Guindos said on Thursday that the central bank must be "extremely prudent" when determining the appropriate monetary policy stance due to an "extraordinarily high level of uncertainty." He said the ECB is exploring unconventional sources of risk and vulnerability and using a broader range of tools to measure the financial system's resilience.De Guindos estimated that an escalation in trade tensions...
ECB's Nagel: Tariffs to put policy progress to test
Member of the European Central Bank (ECB) Governing Council and Deutsche Bundesbank (Buba) President Joachim Nagel stated on Thursday that the ECB will have to "reassess the situation" after the United States' latest tariff announcement."Tariffs will put the monetary policy progress to the test," Nagel remarked in a statement, underlining that Washington's decision is threatening global economic stability."The prosperity of all" will come under attack, he...
ECB's Schnabel: Trade fragmentation hurting economy
European Central Bank (ECB) Executive Board member Isabel Schnabel underlined on Wednesday that any fragmentation of trade is "structurally harmful" for economic growth and inflation."Uncertainty about geopolitics, protectionism, and economic policy has surged. Sharp rise in tariffs weighs on stocks in affected sectors," she said while delivering a speech at the Masterclass of SciencesPo in Paris, France. Meanwhile, a single market "offers large...

Please observe our Terms of Use. The price information is time delayed to varying extents, but as a rule by 15 minutes or more, according to the regulations of the selected stock exchange and/or licensors and the type of securities.

© 2025 TeleTrader Software GmbH. All rights reserved

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Our Terms of Use and Data Protection Policy explain the data we collect, why we collect them, and how we may share them.