European Central Bank (ECB) Governing Council member Peter Kazimir said on Wednesday that he cannot rule out an interest rate cut at the next ECB's monetary policy meeting, scheduled for October 17.
However, Kazimir stressed that he is not "as convinced as media reports" that rates should be lowered at the next meeting and based on one good inflation reading.
The central banker further said that the ECB will not receive key economic data until December, reiterating his previously expressed belief that the bank will wait until the end of the year for the next rate cut.