IS doesn't take responsibility for New Orleans attack - Breaking The News
Download our appPlay StoreApp Store

IS doesn't take responsibility for New Orleans attack

EPA-EFE/DAN ANDERSON

The Islamic State (IS) indicated in its weekly newsletter, posted on Telegram on Thursday, that it didn't instruct Shamsud-Din Jabbar, a United States Army veteran from Texas, to conduct the deadly attack in New Orleans.

"The Islamic State is not eager to claim responsibility for every attack around the world as some might think, even if the acts align with its methods and approach ... This applies even if the attack is a direct result of its incitement or more," it was written in the newsletter.

Previously, the perpetrator claimed that he joined IS in 2024.

Related News
Iraqi PM says army killed Islamic State group leader
Iraqi Prime Minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani said on Friday that his country's security forces killed a senior Islamic State (IS) group leader, Abdullah Makki Muslih al-Rufayi."The heroes of the Iraqi National Intelligence Service, with the support and coordination of the Joint Operations Command and the International Coalition Forces, were able to kill the terrorist Abdullah Makki Musleh Al-Rifai, nicknamed (Abu Khadija), who held the position of the so-called...
Turkey urges Iraq, Syria to help destroy IS, PKK
Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan said during a visit to Iraq on Sunday that Turkey, Iraq and Syria must join forces to "destroy" the Islamic State and the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK). He urged Iraq to designate the PKK as a terrorist organization, adding that Turkey and Iraq have a "common stance" on the fight against the organization.Fidan said Turkey supports all steps taken to improve the prosperity and security in Iraq and that Ankara is ready to help...
Attacker recorded New Orleans with Meta glasses beforehand
United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) New Orleans Special Agent in Charge Lyonel Myrthil said on Sunday that the attacker visited New Orleans two times before the attack and wore Meta smart glasses to record the Bourbon Street and plan his attack. He was also reportedly wearing the smart glasses during the attack but did not activate them that day.Myrthil also said that the attacker, identified as Shamsud-Din Jabbar, traveled to Cairo from...
FBI warns of 'retaliatory' attacks after New Orleans rampage
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and other federal agencies on Friday have issued a warning about an increased risk of "copycat" or "retaliatory" attacks following a deadly rampage in New Orleans that claimed 14 lives, CBS News reported on Friday citing the agencies' bulletin. The agencies cautioned that ramming attacks remain a "likely" tactic for attackers, given the ease of acquiring a vehicle and the minimal skill required to carry out such crimes....

Please observe our Terms of Use. The price information is time delayed to varying extents, but as a rule by 15 minutes or more, according to the regulations of the selected stock exchange and/or licensors and the type of securities.

© 2025 TeleTrader Software GmbH. All rights reserved

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Our Terms of Use and Data Protection Policy explain the data we collect, why we collect them, and how we may share them.