Johnson reportedly held unofficial talks with Maduro - Breaking The News
Download our appPlay StoreApp Store

Johnson reportedly held unofficial talks with Maduro

EPA-EFE/ANDY RAIN

Former British Prime Minister Boris Johnson held unofficial talks with Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro in February, with discussions allegedly focusing on the war in Ukraine, The Sunday Times reported.

Namely, Johnson's office confirmed to the outlet that the former prime minister informed Foreign Secretary David Cameron about his visit to Venezuela last month, with Johnson also seeking conditions for normalizing relations between the two nations. "It was a private visit but Boris texted the foreign secretary on the way," Johnson's office told The Times.

Last month, the Venezuelan government ordered the local United Nations Officer for Human Rights to suspend its operations and leave the country for allegedly conspiring against the country.

Related News
Russia blames Ukraine for attacks despite US-brokered truce
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova accused Ukraine on Thursday of carrying out over 30 attacks on energy infrastructure since a US-mediated moratorium was put in place last month."The attacks on Russia's energy infrastructure are targeted and are purely provocative and demonstrative," Zakharova told reporters.Zakharova said Ukraine had used Western-supplied weapons to target both Russian territory and...
EU's Ukraine security force may rely on NATO infrastructure
European leaders are considering using North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) assets to support a proposed "reassurance force" in Ukraine if a ceasefire with Russia is reached, the Financial Times reported, citing officials familiar with the talks. The plan, led by France and the United Kingdom, would integrate NATO's command and control structures, along with its "intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance" capabilities. Officials familiar with the talks told the...
4 killed in Russian missile strike on Kryvyi Rih
Four people have been killed and another three injured in a Russian ballistic missile strike on Kryvyi Rih, the head of the city's military administration, Oleksandr Vilkul, said on Telegram.The fatalities occurred when a ballistic missile struck a civilian building, causing a "large fire" on the scene of the impact.The injured individuals are receiving hospital treatment.
Rutte: Not all of Russia's demands should be taken so seriously
NATO Secretary-General Mark Rutte downplayed on Wednesday Russia's rejection of US ceasefire proposals for Ukraine, stating that Moscow's demands should "not be taken too seriously." Russia dismissed the US initiative, arguing it failed to meet its core conditions, which include NATO's withdrawal to its 1997 borders.Rutte described such demands as part of Russian President Vladimir Putin's negotiation tactics, emphasizing that Western allies must always...

Please observe our Terms of Use. The price information is time delayed to varying extents, but as a rule by 15 minutes or more, according to the regulations of the selected stock exchange and/or licensors and the type of securities.

© 2025 TeleTrader Software GmbH. All rights reserved

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Our Terms of Use and Data Protection Policy explain the data we collect, why we collect them, and how we may share them.