First Republic Bank trading halted - Breaking The News
Download our appPlay StoreApp Store

First Republic Bank trading halted

EPA-EFE/CJ GUNTHER

First Republic Bank had its trading temporarily halted on Wednesday shortly after the stock exchange market opened as its share prices hit a new 52-week low. The trading was halted at 9:41 am ET, resumed several minutes later, and then halted again at 9:54 am ET.

Earlier in the day, CNBC reported the United States government is not interested in intervening to help the bank from collapsing. Meanwhile, Politico said that no entity wants to buy First Republic Bank without "substantial federal guarantees," adding the company's management is aware of its limited rescue options. Previously, it was reported the bank is failing to find a way to stop its breakdown and discussed the issue with the White House, the Federal Reserve, and the Treasury.

First Republic Bank's shares went down by 21.73% to go for $6.34 per share at the moment of the second halt.

Related News
Sheinbaum: Measures to protect industries in May
Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum announced on Thursday that the country will introduce measures to protect its automobile, aluminum, and steel sectors from the United States' tariffs in May.Eighteen measures she presented at a press conference included achieving Mexico's energy and electricity independence, boosting construction, and strengthening the semiconductor and battery industries.Previously in the day, Sheinbaum described the fact that...
Trump claims markets will 'boom' as crash continues
United States Donald Trump told reporters on Thursday that he expects the stock market "to boom" after his announcement on the introduction of retaliatory tariffs on numerous countries despite markets crashing on the news."It's going very well ... The markets are going to boom, the stock is going to boom, the country is going to boom," Trump said as he left the White House to go to Florida.The comments come after stock markets around the globe...
Israel: Netanyahu, Orban, Trump held talks on ICC exit
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said on Thursday that during his meeting with Hungarian counterpart Viktor Orban, they spoke with US President Donald Trump regarding Budapest's decision to exit the International Criminal Court (ICC)."The discussion centered on Hungary's decision to leave the International Criminal Court and the next steps that can be taken on this issue," Netanyahu's office stated.After the announcement, Orban defended the...
Meloni: Not sure if counter tariffs are best response
Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni told RAI on Thursday that she is "not convinced" that the most adequate way to handle the United States' tariffs on the European Union's exports would be to introduce countermeasures.Meloni said she found US President Donald Trump's move "wrong," but insisted that "we must not fuel alarmism, it's not a catastrophe." Previously, she called for a dialogue to settle trade issues between the US and the EU.In the meantime,...

Please observe our Terms of Use. The price information is time delayed to varying extents, but as a rule by 15 minutes or more, according to the regulations of the selected stock exchange and/or licensors and the type of securities.

© 2025 TeleTrader Software GmbH. All rights reserved

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Our Terms of Use and Data Protection Policy explain the data we collect, why we collect them, and how we may share them.