WH on Signal scandal: Case has been closed - Breaking The News
Download our appPlay StoreApp Store

WH on Signal scandal: Case has been closed

EPA-EFE/JIM LO SCALZO

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt on Monday commented on the Signal scandal that upset the White House last week, claiming that the "case has been closed."

"As the president has made it very clear, [National Security Adviser] Mike Waltz continues to be an important part of his national security team, and this case has been closed here at the White House. As far as we are concerned, there have been steps made to ensure that something like that can obviously never happen again, and we’re moving forward," Leavitt told reporters.

Last week, The Atlantic magazine revealed that its editor-in-chief, Jeffrey Goldberg, was added to a Signal group in which top US security officials discussed plans for attacking Yemen's Houthi rebels.

Related News
Trump could fire several national security officials
United States President Donald Trump is planning to dismiss several White House National Security Council (NSC) officials in the near future due to concerns that they are not sufficiently loyal to his agenda, the Associated Press (AP) reported, citing sources familiar with the situation.According to sources who spoke on condition of anonymity, the president was advised to fire several national security staffers after a meeting with far-right activist Laura Loomer at the...
US's Wright: AI next Manhattan Project
United States Energy Secretary Chris Wright (pictured right) said on Thursday that the government should treat developing artificial intelligence (AI) as the new Manhattan Project, referring to the 1940s process of building a nuclear bomb.On his way to visit the National Renewable Energy Laboratory's (NREL) facility in Golden, Colorado, Wright announced plans to use federal land and build AI data centers there.Previously, President Donald Trump said he took...
WH: Trump's tariffs 'common-sense policy'
White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt on Thursday insisted that United States President Donald Trump's tariffs policy is "a common-sense policy" after the US head of state imposed reciprocal levies on global trade partners. "And if these countries wanted to negotiate, if these countries wanted to do what's right, they’ve had 70 years to do it," Leavitt told CNN. "Instead, they have been ripping off American workers. And President Trump has made it very...
US Senate moves to block Trump's Canada tariffs
The United States Senate voted 51-48 to approve a resolution opposing President Donald Trump's tariffs on Canadian imports. The measure, aimed at blocking Trump's trade restrictions, received support from both Democrats and some Republicans.Four Republicans, including Susan Collins, Mitch McConnell and Lisa Murkowski, joined Democrats in supporting the resolution. Senator Rand Paul, who co-sponsored the bill, was also among those in favor of the...

Please observe our Terms of Use. The price information is time delayed to varying extents, but as a rule by 15 minutes or more, according to the regulations of the selected stock exchange and/or licensors and the type of securities.

© 2025 TeleTrader Software GmbH. All rights reserved

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Our Terms of Use and Data Protection Policy explain the data we collect, why we collect them, and how we may share them.