Shoygu: Taking Bakhmut to allow further offensives - Breaking The News
Download our appPlay StoreApp Store

Shoygu: Taking Bakhmut to allow further offensives

EPA-EFE/SERGEY FADEICHEV/KREMLIN / POOL

Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoygu said on Tuesday that gaining control over Bakhmut, or Artyomovsk, will pave the way for Moscow's troops to carry out further offensives "deep into the defense of the Armed Forces of Ukraine."

Shoygu's remarks counter comments by United States Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, who claimed yesterday that taking over the city would not have "strategic and operational value."

Addressing the leadership of the Russian military, Shoygu also pointed out that the Ukrainian forces did not benefit on the battlefield from weapons deliveries and training by NATO countries.

Related News
UK: Russia's March gains in Ukraine remain limited
Russian forces made smaller advances in Ukraine during March, according to the latest update from the British Ministry of Defence. The ministry said Russia likely captured only 143 square kilometers last month, averaging fewer than 5 square kilometers a day, reportedly marking a continued slowdown from November 2024, when Russian troops seized over 700 square kilometers. Most recent gains were in central Donetsk, but they did not improve Russia’s...
Russian strike on Ukriane's Kryvyi Rih kills 19
A Russian missile strike on Kryvyi Rih in central Ukraine on Friday killed 19 people, and injured 68 others, according to local officials. The attack reportedly involved both missiles and drones, igniting fires in residential areas. Oleksandr Vilkul, head of the city's military administration, said that 40 people required hospitalization, including two children in critical condition. Kryvyi Rih, the hometown of President Volodymyr Zelensky, lies in the Dnipropetrovsk region and...
Russia downs 10 Ukrainian drones in Voronezh region
Russian defenses downed ten Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in the region of Voronezh, according to Alexander Gusev, the governor of the region."The threat of UAV attacks in the region has been allayed! In total, last night, air defense and electronic warfare forces on duty in the Voronezh Region detected, destroyed, and suppressed at least 10 UAVs," Gusev wrote on Telegram, adding that there have been no reports of casualties or damage...
Russia: Ukrainian drone's attack enterprise in Mordovia
In Russia's Republic of Mordovia, an enterprise was attacked by Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), according to Artem Zdunov, the leader of the republic."Tonight, one of the enterprises of Mordovia was attacked by a UAV. All necessary forces and means have been deployed to eliminate the consequences," Zdunov wrote on Telegram, adding that there have been no reports of casualties and that emergency services are working on the scene.

Please observe our Terms of Use. The price information is time delayed to varying extents, but as a rule by 15 minutes or more, according to the regulations of the selected stock exchange and/or licensors and the type of securities.

© 2025 TeleTrader Software GmbH. All rights reserved

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Our Terms of Use and Data Protection Policy explain the data we collect, why we collect them, and how we may share them.