The Cabinet of the king of Saudi Arabia Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (pictured) said in a statement on Tuesday that "those responsible, no matter who they may be" for the killing of Jamal Khashoggi will be prosecuted.
After admitting last Friday that Khashoggi died at the kingdom's Consulate in Istanbul, authorities in Riyadh have arrested 18 Saudi nationals and removed the deputy chief of the country's intelligence, General Ahmed al-Assiri, who was speculated to be the one to be blamed for the murder. Saud al-Qahtani, a top aide for the Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was also sacked by the king.
Earlier in the day, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that his government has "international responsibility" for bringing to justice the criminals responsible. Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said Ankara would cooperate in an international investigation of the murder.