G7 urges Russia to hand back control of Zaporizhzhia plant - Breaking The News
Download our appPlay StoreApp Store

G7 urges Russia to hand back control of Zaporizhzhia plant

EPA-EFE/RUSSIAN EMERGENCIES MINISTRY

Foreign ministers of the G7 from Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America, and the High Representative of the European Union issued a declaration on Wednesday condemning the invasion of Russia over Ukraine while at the same time called Moscow to withdraw from the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant.

"Ukrainian staff operating the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant must be able to carry out their duties without threats or pressure. It is Russia's continued control of the plant that endangers the region," added the statement. "We remain profoundly concerned by the serious threat that the seizure of Ukrainian nuclear facilities and other actions by Russian armed forces pose to the safety and security of these facilities."

At the same time, the ministers emphasized that these actions by Moscow undermine the IAEA's primary role to monitor Ukraine's peaceful nuclear activities.

Related News
Rutte: Ukraine's path to NATO is irreversible
NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte insisted on Friday that Ukraine's path to joining the alliance is "irreversible," as was agreed by member states during the summit in Washington last year. However, he stressed NATO never promised Ukraine that membership would be part of a peace agreement with Russia.In February, United States Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth estimated that it is not "realistic" to expect Ukraine will join NATO as part of a negotiated...
Russia seizes control of Rozovka, Uspenovka in DPR
The Russian Defense Ministry reported on Friday that its forces had secured control of Uspenovka and Rozovka, two settlements located in Ukraine's Donetsk region."As a result of active and decisive actions, units of the Southern Group of Forces liberated the settlements of Panteleimonovka, Uspenovka, Zaporozhye and Rozovka in the Donetsk People's Republic," the ministry's report says.The ministry additionally announced today that Russian military units...
Kallas: US agreed not to make deal without Kiev
European Union High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Kaja Kallas said on Friday that United States Secretary of State Marco Rubio assured her Washington will not seek to conclude a peace deal in the Russia-Ukraine war without the involvement of the Ukrainian government and the EU. Speaking ahead of the NATO foreign affairs ministers' meeting, Kallas said Rubio's presence at the event reaffirms the Trump administration's commitment...
Russia: Ukraine attacking energy sites every day
The Russian Ministry of Defense accused the Ukrainian armed forces again on Friday of continuing strikes on Russian energy infrastructure "on a daily basis" despite the agreement to stop such attacks.According to the ministry, Ukraine has been targeting the Russian energy network for more than two weeks, "without paying any attention to Zelensky's public commitment to halt such strikes since March 18 of this year."Ukraine struck a gas pipeline, a power...

Please observe our Terms of Use. The price information is time delayed to varying extents, but as a rule by 15 minutes or more, according to the regulations of the selected stock exchange and/or licensors and the type of securities.

© 2025 TeleTrader Software GmbH. All rights reserved

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Our Terms of Use and Data Protection Policy explain the data we collect, why we collect them, and how we may share them.