The Israeli cabinet has voted to approve a resolution granting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Yoav Gallant authority to start "offensive operations" against Hezbollah in Lebanon, Israel's Channel 12 reported on Wednesday.
Among the main topics of the latest cabinet meeting was the return of residents to northern Israel and the ongoing crisis in Lebanon after a series of explosions across the country that resulted in dozens of deaths and thousands of injuries. The resolution will enable Netanyahu and Gallant to approve both "offensive and defensive" operations "even if it leads to all-out war."
Previously, Gallant said the war in the north is entering a new stage and the Chief of Staff Herzi Halevi said Israel has capabilities that have not yet been activated, warning that Hezbollah should be ready to pay a "high price."