Austria's Foreign Ministry said on Monday Turkish Economy Minister Nihat Zeybekci (pictured) will not be allowed to enter the country in order to attend a rally marking the one year anniversary of the failed military coup in Turkey, AFP reported.
"He has been barred because his visit was not planned as part of a bilateral exchange, but was about his public appearance at an event marking the coup attempt," a spokesman for the Austrian Foreign Ministry stated. He added the move came as Zeybekci's attendance at the event would have posed a "danger for public order."
Last week, Dutch authorities told Turkey not to send deputy premier Tugrul Turkes to attend a rally in the Netherlands marking the anniversary of the attempt to overthrow President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. In March, Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu was prevented from entering the Netherlands where he was due to attend a rally in support of the Turkish president, while German authorities blocked pro-Erdogan campaigning in the country in the run-up to the constitutional referendum in Turkey.