ECB's Kazimir says can't rule out October rate cut - Breaking The News
Download our appPlay StoreApp Store

ECB's Kazimir says can't rule out October rate cut

EPA-EFE/FLORIAN WIESER

European Central Bank (ECB) Governing Council member Peter Kazimir said on Wednesday that he cannot rule out an interest rate cut at the next ECB's monetary policy meeting, scheduled for October 17.

However, Kazimir stressed that he is not "as convinced as media reports" that rates should be lowered at the next meeting and based on one good inflation reading.

The central banker further said that the ECB will not receive key economic data until December, reiterating his previously expressed belief that the bank will wait until the end of the year for the next rate cut.

Related News
Russia said to keep fighting if dissatisfied with Ukraine deal
The Russian side plans to continue its war against Ukraine if it is not satisfied with the deal to end the fighting, a United States media outlet reported on Thursday, citing people in Moscow familiar with the topic.While Russian President Vladimir Putin still believes that US President Donald Trump will present him with an "acceptable" peace agreement, he is ready to continue the "military operation" should negotiations fall through, sources told...
Russia blames Ukraine for attacks despite US-brokered truce
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova accused Ukraine on Thursday of carrying out over 30 attacks on energy infrastructure since a US-mediated moratorium was put in place last month."The attacks on Russia's energy infrastructure are targeted and are purely provocative and demonstrative," Zakharova told reporters.Zakharova said Ukraine had used Western-supplied weapons to target both Russian territory and...
EU's Ukraine security force may rely on NATO infrastructure
European leaders are considering using North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) assets to support a proposed "reassurance force" in Ukraine if a ceasefire with Russia is reached, the Financial Times reported, citing officials familiar with the talks. The plan, led by France and the United Kingdom, would integrate NATO's command and control structures, along with its "intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance" capabilities. Officials familiar with the talks told the...
4 killed in Russian missile strike on Kryvyi Rih
Four people have been killed and another three injured in a Russian ballistic missile strike on Kryvyi Rih, the head of the city's military administration, Oleksandr Vilkul, said on Telegram.The fatalities occurred when a ballistic missile struck a civilian building, causing a "large fire" on the scene of the impact.The injured individuals are receiving hospital treatment.

Please observe our Terms of Use. The price information is time delayed to varying extents, but as a rule by 15 minutes or more, according to the regulations of the selected stock exchange and/or licensors and the type of securities.

© 2025 TeleTrader Software GmbH. All rights reserved

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Our Terms of Use and Data Protection Policy explain the data we collect, why we collect them, and how we may share them.